Monday, October 14, 2013

Maryse You Didn't Warn Us Monolgue

Happy Monologue Monday!! Today I've chosen a monologue from the 2nd book in The Mortal Instruments series, City of Ashes, by Cassandra Clare. The character, Maryse, has a long, hard grudge, and won't let go. She feels betrayed, and doesn't know who she can trust. Here's what she has to say.


City of Ashes, Maryse You Didn’t Warn Us Monologue

Some things you never forget. You think pretending his own death was the biggest lie Valentine ever told us? You think charm is the same as honesty? I used to think so. I was wrong. He told us he would lay down his life for the Circle and that he expected us to do the same. And we would have -- all of us -- I know it. I nearly did it. You remember the way he told us that the Uprising would be nothing, hardly a battle, a few unarmed ambassadors against the full might of the Circle. I was so confident in our swift victory that when I rode out to Alicante, I left Alec at home. I asked Jocelyn to watch him while I was away. She refused. I know why now. She knew -- and so did you. And you didn’t try to warn us.

No comments:

Post a Comment