Monday, September 16, 2013

The Bird Scene

Happy Monologue Monday!! Today, I've chosen a very funny 'monologue' that really doesn't have too much of a point. It's from a TV show I loved that centered around theatre and performing arts: Victorious. This monologue is just fun to use with your best southern accent, or if you're bored. I've got it down by memory, and just love to blurt it out whenever it comes to mind. So have fun!!!

The Bird Scene


It was 1934 when my husband left me, alone. Livin’ on the prairie was a dreary existence; no telephone, no radio. Only a large, majestic bird with whom I shared my feelin’s. One day when I was feelin’ low I said to him, "Oh, bird. You can fly. You can soar miles from this lonely place, yet you stay... Why?" And apparently, my question rang true, for that afternoon… my bird left. And so went my spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment