Monday, September 30, 2013

City of Bones, Clary Monolugue

Happy Monologue Monday!! I'm sooo sorry I missed last Monday, my life was a little crazy... But today I've chosen a monologue from the book, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, by Cassandra Clare. It's at the climatic point at the end of the book, when one of the characters is breaking, forgetting who he really is, his head overflowing with manipulative lies. The main character, Clary is desperately trying to find the right words that'll convince him to snap out of it, and open his eyes to the reality, or someone she loves will die at the knees of his enemy. The end of the book was very interesting and surprising to me, so here's Clary's  monologue.


City of Bones, Clary Monolugue

Leave him alone! Shutting your eyes and pretending something's not happening doesn't make it not true, Jace. You ought to know better. Why do you have to lie to yourself? You have a family. Family, those are just the people who love you. Like the Lightwoods love you. Alec, Isabelle. Luke is my family, and you're going to make me watch him die just like you thought you watched your father die when you were ten years old? Is that what you want Jace? Is this the kind of man you want to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment